Happy New Year, folks! Just want to share with you this mini foodtrip our family scheduled last December 30. And though it is 1 1/2 months away before Chinese New Year, we were delighted to have taken this trip as we went home with our tummies full. This was already my second time, the first one was with my bestfriend Kisha, but I’m still more than happy to do it again. We’ve parked near the Minor Basilica of St. Lorenzo Ruiz, started with Dong Bei Dumplings and ended with Eng Bee-Tin. The weather was cloudy, perfect as we just walked from one restaurant to another. We only ordered their bestsellers and spent only Php 1,142.00 for the entire trip (not including the pasalubongs, fruits, water, etc). That’s roughly Php 285.50 each for a group of 4!
Here’s the list of restaurants we went to and deeply recommend: 1. DONG BEI DUMPLINGS Address: 642 Yuchengco St, Binondo, Manila | Store Hours: 10:00 am to 8:00 pm daily Must Eat: Pork Dumplings with Kuchay (12 pieces for Php 120) I must say this is our favorite (or maybe because we’re hungry and this is the first food we ate! hihi).
2. SINCERITY CAFE Address: 497 Yuchengco St., Binondo Manila | Tel No: 241-9991, 241-9990 Must Eat: Fried Chicken (Half – 8 pieces – Php 150), Chinese Matchang (Php 110) I remembered to take a photo of the chicken just when my sister is about to eat the last piece! HAHA
3. YING YING TEAHOUSE Address: Sta. Cruz, 233-235 Dasmarinas St cor Yuchengo St, Binondo, Manila | Tel No: (02) 710-3856 Must Eat: Pork Asado Roll (3 pieces – Php 70), Buchi (3 pieces – Php 70) I super love how “crispy” the sesame seeds are in the Buchi!
4. NEW PO – HENG LUMPIA HOUSE Address: Uy Su Bin Bldg, 531 Quintin Paredes St, Bgy 289, Zone 027, Binondo, Manila | Tel No: (+63 2) 241-8789, (+63 2) 496-3679 Must Eat: Fresh Lumpia (Php 50) Every bite, you can taste how fresh the vegetables are! Also, for Php 50, I can say “di tinipid yung ingredients”.
5. WAI YING FASTFOOD Address: Benavidez St, Binondo Manila | Tel No:(02) 254 3326 Must Eat: Hakaw (4 pieces – Php 80) We’re somehow full at this time so we just tried their Hakaw. Few blogs I’ve read said that you should try their Roasted Duck too.
6. LORD STOW’S BAKERY Address: 707 Ongpin St. Binondo Manila Must Eat: Egg Tart (Php 42) H-E-A-V-E-N! Best egg tart ever! I even forgot to take a photo!
7. CAFE MEZZANINE Address: 650 Ongpin corner Nueva Streets, Binondo, Manila | Tel No: (02) 242-9759, (02) 241-9999 Store Hours: Mon – Sat (7:00 AM-8:00 PM), Sun (7:00 am-2:00 pm) Must Drink: Wintermelon Juice (Php 50), Milk Tea (Php 70) Our second to the last stop: refreshments at Cafe Mezzanine! Yes, we’re too full to order food!
8. ENG BEETIN CHINESE DELI Address: 628 Ongpin Street Must Eat: Mongo Hopia (4 pieces – Php 40) Last stop just because we are to bring home pasalubong too! :P
So what are you waiting for? There are few more days left before reality! Go, message your family and friends and take this road down Binondo to have the finest Chinese cuisine there is in Manila! Here are few more snippets during our trip:
You may visit the following sites too as there are far more restaurants to check out than what I’ve listed:
That’s it for now! Be sure to tell me what you think! <3 always,Irene