In 3 hours, 2014 is half over. And looking back, I can say that a lot of things have changed. I’ve said a lot of goodbyes, welcomed a lot of hellos, opened myself to a lot of opportunities and learned to compromise for the better of others. And as I wake up to another month, I would like to remind myself of the 3 things I’ve learned within the year:
1. People will say goodbye. It doesn’t mean it’s over, it’s more of see you soon.
- Just like in school, people will come and go at work. That’s just how real life works. And as I say goodbye to my 3 closest friends – Anna, Darika and, Mak- and to all other friends I had along the way, I am glad that there’s Internet and social networking sites that will always connect us and make the distance a tad bit shorter.
2. People will hurt you. It doesn’t mean they want to, but it’s for the better.
- And there are things that we should never push to happen no matter how much we want it — because it’s not right, because it’s not meant for us. And yes, we will get hurt, we will cry. But just like all things in this world, we just need time. We should never let ourselves feel less of what we deserve.
3. Believe in Him. He always knows best.
- Ever heard the phrase “I’m single because God is still busy writing the best love story for me”? I believe this applies not only in love, but in life too. God is listening to every prayer your heart and mind speaks and even if there are days things are not going on as supposed to, believe that He is still busy making the best one out for you. All you have to do is to have faith and to always persevere (because you can’t leave everything unto Him, you need to do your part too!).
And with that, I will end this post with photos to remind me how good this year has been to me and how lucky I am to have family and friends who’s with me along the way:
Tell me, what did you learn over the past half-year? :)
That’s it for now. <3 always, Irene