I didn’t know that awards like this exist but I am ecstatic and very flattered to receive The Versatile Blogger Award from these two lovely Canadian couples, Carol and Al, from their blog http://travellingmudskippers.wordpress.com! Thank you guys! Hope you do check out their blog and follow their journey of finally living on a backpack life. Pretty bold and brave, indeed!
Okay, since this was the first time I heard of this award, it is necessary to do a bit of research, and based on several links in the internet, I’ve found out that the Versatile Blogger Award works like a “chain-letter” promoting (or nominating) fellow bloggers to encourage and help expand each other’s followers. The said rules are as follows:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award and include a link to their blog.
I just did this in my introduction above, but again, thank you to Carol and Al of http://travellingmudskippers.wordpress.com :) It’s really nice to know people do appreciate what I’m posting, no matter how random it may be.
2. Select 15 blogs that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
Hmm, let me see if I can complete the list here. These are mostly inspirational (do what you love!) and travel -related (food and place) blogs as that’s where my interests are now:
Ta-daaah, I did it! YAY!
3. Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Wow, introducing oneself is one of the most difficult things to do. But to abide with the rules, here it goes:
- I am a Filipino currently living in Phnom Penh for a temporary 3-month assignment at work. This is the first and longest time that I’ve been out of my comfort zone and away from my family and friends.
- I love travelling and getting the taste of different cultures! Right now, I am more focused in travelling within my country, the Philippines. I only have few International travels that include China (I don’t know if you can consider this because I was 4 years old then), Hong Kong, Singapore and now, Cambodia (though its work-related). I may not have been to many places as other travelers but I am slowly getting there. :)
- Every time I travel, I always make sure I have something to bring back home, not only for myself (I have a corner set up in my room with all my travel memorabilia) but also for my family and friends (we call this “pasalubong”). Actually, people always tease me for being the “target market” of souvenir shops. Gah, I just can’t help it!
- I love eating street foods! Back in the Philippines, I always crave for balut (duck embryo – please don’t get disgusted with this, it’s good!) grilled isaw (chicken intestine), grilled barbecue, kwek – kwek (deep fried battered quail eggs), peanuts, sweet corn, fishball and kikiam. Even when I travel, I always make it to a point to try the street food or local delicacies of that particular place like Bohol’s Uni (Sea Urchin), Ilocos’ Empanada and Dragonfruit Ice Cream, Cambodia’s Lotchha (stir fried noodles with egg sold in Russian Market – best with hot sauce!), “Barbecue and vegetables in Bagguette”(you can find this in most side streets) and Amok (different varieties depending on restaurants).
- I am into sweets – particularly ice cream, gummies (worms, bears, tapes, etc…) or chocolates. These are my best friends, my instant stress- buster, my picker – upper. I always make sure I have some of these stored either at home or at my office work cabinet. If not, you bet I’ll grab a friend in the middle of day to accompany me to the store.
- I love kids, though I adore baby boys more. Every time I see little boys wearing a cap with their small polo t-shirt, jeans and rubber shoes, I just can’t help but say “awww” and want to pinch and hug them! It makes me want to have my own child too (like at that moment!).
- I am into vintage lately. There’s something in that old, classy feeling that I can’t describe. Actually I just had my shopping today in various vintage shops and thrift stores here in Phnom Penh. I need to stop myself for being an impulse buyer at times!
Again, thank you for everyone who’s been reading my blog :) I do hope those I’ve nominated will do the same. Let’s keep on spreading the love and the Versatile Blogger Award! Don’t forget to message me when you list your “7-things-about-yourself” as I would love to know you better.
That’s it for now. <3 lots, Irene