Night before my flight, I just want to remind myself of how “Who Moved My Cheese?” of Dr. Spencer Johnson helped me in every way it can, both in accepting change and finding the positive side of it, and how this book led me to where I am today.
Thus, I’d like to post the summary written by Haw, one of the lead characters in story, about the things he learned, quoting it from p. 74 of the book:
- Change Happens – They Keep Moving The Cheese
- Anticipate Change – Get Ready For the Cheese To Move
- Monitor Change – Smell The Cheese Often So You Know When It Is Getting Old
- Adapt to Change Quickly – The Quicker You Let Go of Old Cheese, The Sooner You Can Enjoy New Cheese
- Change – Move With The Change
- Enjoy Change – Savor The Adventure and Enjoy The Taste of New Cheese
- Be Ready To Change Quickly and Enjoy It Again & Again – They Keep Moving The Cheese
I will always go back to this post to remind me that change will always lead to something better if we learn to adapt and be optimistic about it. No matter who we are, where we are or what we’re doing, we all share one thing in common – that is to find our way through the Maze (which I collectively call as “life”) until we reach for that something that will make us happy and satisfied (but of course, as based on the book and in real life, this “something” is continuously changing. HAHA).
That’s it for now.
<3 always, Irene